Masyarakat Konservasi dan Efisiensi Energi Indonesia
The Indonesian Conservation and Energy Efficiency Society
The Industry Working Group
Is one of the MASKEEI sub-groups that focus on efficiency & energy conservation in industry. Consisting of professionals, businessmen & educators in the industrial sector located both in Indonesia and outside Indonesia.
Currently working on white papers related to:
- Green data center
- Heat pump
Once every 2 months, hold FGD to discuss the topic being worked on. And 2x a year, hold webinars as our regular agenda.H
Introduction of WG Chief
Gatot S. Prawiro has more than 36 years in the Energy Industry with main focus in Power/Electricity.
Gatot has joined MASKEEI since it was newly formed in November 2014. And since December 2019, Gatot has been responsible as the chairman of Working Group Industry until now.
Gatot, joined Maxpower Group as Chief Operating Officer in Jan 2016, in 2017 he was asked to lead the IPP group of MAXpower where he was made the Managing Director of the Indonesian and Myanmar IPP assets.
In 2019 he was given responsibility to be the Chief Business Development Officer of MAXpower Group based in Jakarta. Prior to joining MAXpower, Gatot was already in the power industry for more than 27 years with 20 of it he served at GE.
Gatot spent most of his youth in the UK from 1975 to 1988, he received his Mechanical Engineering degree at Bristol Polytechnics and his Master of Science at Cranfield University.
Introduction of WG Vice Chief
Driven by the huge potential of energy efficiency with all related positive impacts Nils Warburg is actively promoting energy efficiency solutions for the industry in Southeast Asia.
As Chief Representative of APROVIS Energy Systems GmbH in Asia Pacific and leader of APROVIS regional office in Indonesia Nils´ background is heat recovery and combined heat and power (CHP) in general with a wide experience in industrial applications in overall Asia Pacific.
With a diploma degree in mechanical engineering from the Technical University Hamburg in Germany, Nils has more than 10 years working experience in Europe and Asia Pacific in the renewable energy sector and in medium scale power plant applications.
Working Cycle Principles
- The Working Group Industry (WGI) works to identify best solutions to save energy by efficiency and conservation
- Capacity building regarding selected solutions that are proven and economically feasible (max 3 per year)
- Regular Focus Group Discussions (FGD) to discuss a pre-defined agenda based on the implementation of this working cycle
- Document Solutions in a White Paper/Recommendation
- Knowledge building webinars/ seminars for relevant external stakeholders (from private industry, suppliers, consultants, governmental institutions, NGOs)
- Publication of the White Paper/ Recommendations
- WGI is linked and organized via the Whatsapp-Group, content discussions are held in online meetings (FGD)
Working Cycle Focus
Sectors / Solutions of special focus 2021 – 2022:
- ESCO Business Model Application
- Green Data Centers
- Heat pump technology
- FGD: two months rhythm, scheduled first Wednesday every two months from 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. WIB, documented with MoM
- Series of Webinars for public: minimum 4 webinars per year
- Writing White paper: ESCO Business Model Application
- Submition/ publication of White Papers
- Influencing policies/ regulations (e.g. replacement of PP No. 70/2014)
- Networking events once feasible (e.g. “Energy Dinner”)
Working Group Team
RM. Soedjono Respati
Ketua Umum MASKEEI
Gatot S. Prawiro
Ketua Working Group Industry
Thomas K. Dreessen
Sonny Radius Wibisono
Muhammad Ery Wijaya
Krishan Kumar Ralhan
Irfan Aditya Arifin
Dicky Edwin Hindarto
Bayu Wisnu Aji
Progress and Results
- “Industrial Energy Efficiency and Conservation Opportunities in Indonesia” – in finalization
- “Recommended Government Actions Needed for ESCO Industry to Help Solve Energy Efficiency (EE) Resistance in Indonesia” – final drafting
- “A proposed standard for „Green Data Centers“ in Indonesia” – in cooperation with Indonesian Data Center Provider Association (IDPRO), first drafting
2. Series of Webinars / Capacity Building
- “How does Heat Pump Technology improve your bottom line?” (08.12.2020)
- Break-Out session IEECCE 2021 “Industrial Technology in the Digital Era (Co-/ Tri-Generation)” (15.06.2021)
- “Efficient Power Supply for Green Data Centres’’ (27.07.2021)
- Break-Out session EBTKE Conex 2021 “Green Data Center Industry for NZE” (24.11.2021)